Copper & Zinc Exploration in the Pacific Ocean’s Ring of Fire
Thunderstruck Resources Ltd. (TSXV:AWE,OTC:THURF) is developing a diverse portfolio of zinc, copper, silver and gold properties on the main island of Fiji, Viti Levu. Thunderstruck’s Fijian property portfolio covers nearly four percent of the main island and includes four main assets; the Korokayiu and Nakoro high-grade zinc-copper volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS) projects, the Liwa Creek gold project and the Rama Creek copper-gold porphyry project.
Thunderstruck has signed a joint venture agreement with Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC), who can earn a 70 percent interest in the Korokayiu VMS project by spending C$3.5 million in exploration. With Thunderstruck as operator, the joint venture partners intend to aggressively advance Korokayiu over the next three years. Drilling at Korokayiu has recently commenced and results are expected to be coming in the near term.
Both the Nakoro and Korokayiu zinc-copper VMS projects are the sites of successful historical drilling by Australian Anglo Pacific Ltd. (Anglo), with a historical resource of 11.6 percent zinc, 0.5 percent copper and eight percent zinc and two percent copper, respectively.
Since July 2017, Thunderstruck has been conducting a series of exploration programs on the Liwa Creek and Rama Creek properties. The results of this work showcased the discovery of widespread gold mineralization at Liwa Creek as well as a confirmed large porphyry system and gold mineralization at Rama Creek. Mapping, geochemical and IP geophysical programs were completed on its Liwa Creek and Rama Creek properties, successfully establishing future drill targets.
Thunderstruck is managed by an experienced team of geology, mining and financial professionals. Co-founding directors Brien Lundin and Bryce Bradley have a long history of raising capital and other strategic roles in the natural resource sector to support the advancement of discoveries like their current Fijian projects.
The Board and Advisory Board include Lawrence Roulston, Linnea von Hessert and Tookie Angus, all seasoned professionals with a wealth of technical and capital markets successes behind them. The company’s Country Manager, Moape Navia, has worked in several capacities in the Fijian mining industry, including 15 years at the Mineral Resource Department as Senior Technical Assistant and Mining Inspectorate Officer, and manages all facets of governmental and landowner relations.
Thunderstruck’s Company Highlights
- Joint venture signed with JOGMEC for Korokayiu for C$3.5 million.
- Thunderstruck owns a vast land package of zinc, copper, gold and silver assets covering nearly four percent of the main island of Fiji.
- Significant mineral deposits on the main island including Vatukoula gold mine, Tuvatu gold deposit, and Namosi copper-gold project, one of the largest undeveloped copper resources in the world.
- 26 holes drilled by Anglo on the VMS assets with grades up to 12.7 percent zinc and two percent copper.
- Confirmed high grade gold mineralization at Liwa Creek and large porphyry copper-gold system, and associated gold mineralization at Rama Creek.
- High-grade zinc, copper, silver and gold targets.
- Accomplished management and exploration team.
- Good infrastructure and close to Asian markets.